dawsonera eBook Platform
You can access eBooks via the dawsonera ebook platform. The service is free of charge for members of the RWTH Aachen University as all costs are covered by the University Library
How to Access dawsonera services:
- Go to the dawsonera home page and log in via your Shibboleth account
- Click "Log in here" and the go to "Where are you from". Select "Rheinisch-Westfälische Technische Hochschule Aachen" from the dropdown menu
- Now log in to the "RWTH Aachen Single Sign On für Dawson Books" with your TIM ID (Campus Office)
Once you have successfully accessed the platform, you have the following options:
- Browsing the first 50 pages in preview mode for five minutes
- Borrow ebooks for one week by selecting the "Request Rental" option
From a fee of 8 euros per week, the library will review your loan request before you are granted access to the item in question. You will be notified upon the completion of this process. If the same item is borrowed for a second consecutive week, the library will decide whether to piurchase the ebook for its collection.cides, whether the title should permanently acquired as an e-book.
dawsonera titles are protected by Digital Rights Management (DRM), which states that each reader may print a maximum 5% of every ebook. An additional 5% may also be copied and pasted into a document.
3. Request the purchase of ebooks by selecting the "Suggest for purchase" option.
For further information and more detailed instructions (in English), please use the Online Help Service. You will need to register for this service via Shibboleth on the dawsonera platform.