Order and Delivery Services for RWTH Staff
Journal ArticleDelivery Service for RWTH Staff
Book Delivery Service
The book delivery service provided by the University Library primarily caters for the institutes and faculties on the Melaten Campus.
This is how the service works:
- RWTH staff and staff working for institutes affiliated with RWTH Aachen require a user ID specifically for the book delivery service. This number is not the same as your Library account number or your BlueCard ID. Please apply for a user number by contacting us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Books from the University Library holdings with the status ‘available for order’ can be ordered via the Catalog of the University Library.
- Books from the open stacks for the Natural Sciences and Engineering and Library 2 with the status ‘available for loan’ can be ordered directly via email.
- Books from the textbook collection cannot be borrowed using the book delivery service.
- Journal articles from the University Library holdings can be ordered using the journal article delivery service for RWTH staff. Orders can be made using your personal Library account.
- Items which are not available in libraries in Aachen can be ordered via the Interlibrary Loan or by placing a purchase request.
Items ordered and delivered through the book delivery service can be returned in the same way.
If you require an item that is not currently in our collections, you can submit a purchase request.
You will be notified by email once the item has been purchased.
Interlibrary Loan Service
Standards on Demand
Members of the RWTH community can order standards and technical regulations free of charge through our Standards on Demand Service. Standards that are not included in our collections are ordered electronically and are delivered via email.
Standards are very expensive, so please ensure that you only order standards that you genuinely need.
Patent Document Delivery Service
The Patent Document Delivery Service is available to RWTH staff. You will receive an email from us containing the patent publications relevant to your query as an attachment.